*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056570-Dust-Bunnies
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2299061
A new attempt to create a blog.
#1056570 added October 2, 2023 at 10:14am
Restrictions: None
Dust Bunnies

I find it hard to believe it's been nearly a whole month since I've popped in and wrote an entry. Where on earth do I start?

Let's start with some fabulous news. Thanks to a very kind, generous friend here on WDC, I have gotten a new laptop! It is wonderful to be able to type properly and not with the one finger hunt and peck method I had to use on my phone.

Less than a week after getting the laptop, a VERIZON rep came knocking on the door, to let us know our building is now in their coverage AND they signed me up for some sort of low cost government program that gives a discount for internet to low income households. So, they waived the $400 deposit and I'll only pay $50 a month for secure, dependable internet. Talk about being doubly blessed!

Husband's work situation has not improved much. He DID get his ID updated, that was a good thing. However, he went to the WorkForce Solutions and they tried teaching him to use a computer. The guy teaching him wasn't listening when my husband kept saying he couldn't READ the screen...unfortunately, my husband lost his temper, screamed at them and walked out. I haven't been able to get him to go back. They were our best hope of getting him employed.

On top of that, he broke his toe while out walking the dogs. He's been super cranky and irritable the last few weeks and has made being around him frustrating. Thankfully, he now can use his firestick and he's holed up in his room most of the time now watching tv with the dogs. Has not mentioned getting work since and I've just let it go for now.

I'm excited October is here and hope for some colder weather soon. I am SO TIRED of being hot! I must have been crazy to go all summer with out air conditioning. Well, I only turned it on about two-three hours during the evening when we cooked...but kept it off all other times. We depended on our fans. As a result, my electric bill stayed between $80-$85 each month. THAT made the sacrifice worth it. But boy, will I be glad when I can open windows and get a bit of fresh cool air.

Well. that pretty much sums up September. Not a whole lot of excitement or progress. I'll be focused on writing this month and getting my groups in order. That should keep me well busy!

** Image ID #1665990 Unavailable **
signature i won from space blog

© Copyright 2023 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056570-Dust-Bunnies