*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056700-Fall-Harvest-Salad
Rated: E · Book · Food/Cooking · #2304709
A tasty collection of delicious, quick meals
#1056700 added October 3, 2023 at 7:52pm
Restrictions: None
Fall Harvest Salad
Image for blog



This salad is bursting with flavor and is a powerhouse of energy and vitality. It is cool and refreshing and can be served with a variety of dishes. For our meal, the salad was center stage.

YOU NEED:

2 cups rough chopped baby spinach
2 cups chopped iceberg or Romane lettuce
1 can mandarin orange segments, drained well
1 package of dried cranberry-stawberry pecan salad toppers
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup finely chopped raw pecans
1/2 English cucumber diced
4 chicken thighs boneless - cooked and chopped
Raspberry Vinegarette dressing (by Kraft)

Start with laying a small bed of lettuce and spinach on your dinner plates. Evenly scatter the orange segments on each salad. Sprinkle the remining ingredients evenly over both plates. Chill at least one hour...I made ours a few hours ahead of time. Add the chopped chicken and drizzle with dressing right before serving.

I served ours with Bengal spiced tea and two radishes on the side. My husband added hot peppers to his.

This salad is fun and child friendly. Even our cat liked it! You can play with the dried fruits/nuts you use and even switch up the leafy greens and add fresh fruits as well. The original recipe called for a green apple chopped, but I didn't have any apples. I bet a chopped pear or peach would be yummy as well.

The best salads are the ones that are colorful, bright and you had fun creating!

© Copyright 2023 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056700-Fall-Harvest-Salad