*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057021-Slightly-Better-Than-Last-Sunday
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1057021 added October 8, 2023 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
Slightly Better Than Last Sunday
Slightly Better
Than Last Sunday


I may be wrong, but I think that I did twenty scenes last Sunday and seventy single paragraphs. If that’s true, then this blog title is correct. After all, I did slightly better earlier today at work than I did last Sunday. What I’m trying to write is that I think I set two new records earlier today at work.

It’s not too much of a record for either one of them, but it was two new records, though. If I’m correct about what I did last Sunday, then I increased by scenes by one and my single paragraphs by three. Unfortunately, both of them came at a price. A price I don’t like paying.

What am I writing about now? I had to do some compromising to get these new records. Something I don’t like to do. One compromise was single-sentence paragraphs. I don’t like doing single-sentence paragraphs. Whether is part of an Action description or dialogue, I don’t like doing them. That’s what I had to do earlier today at work, though.

In one of my scenes, I needed feedback from several of the main characters, but I only had fifteen seconds/lines to do it. The only way I could do it was with single-sentence paragraphs. Also in that same scene, I also had to compromise with my parenthesis.

Normally, I use my parenthesis like (Mentally Talking) or (In Someone’s Head) as part of my dialogue. I couldn’t do that this time because of the fifteen lines/seconds limitation for that scene. So, I made them part of the Action Description in the opening paragraph. Does that make any sense to anyone but me?

I also compromised when it comes to the number of single paragraphs there are within a scene too. Usually, there are either three or four single paragraphs for each scene. Most of them are three. The fours are normally for the five and ten scenes because they are more action-oriented.

That wasn’t true earlier today at work. I had several four single paragraphs that weren’t a five or a ten. The above-mentioned scene was actually a five-paragraph long scene. Even had one that was only two single paragraphs long. That doesn’t happen too often, but it does happen every so often. Today was one of those times.

All of this doesn’t really matter, though. What does matter is that I got twenty-one scenes and seventy-three single paragraphs written earlier today at work. It also means that I finished writing Act Four and started writing the Tag Act for this part of the Movie Introduction.








© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057021-Slightly-Better-Than-Last-Sunday