*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057229-Can-Good-Luck-Be-Charmed-into-Being
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1057229 added October 12, 2023 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
Can Good Luck Be Charmed into Being?
Prompt: Do you believe in good luck charms?

-----

No, not really, although I think they're a lot of fun. In essence, nothing increases one's own luck like one's own thinking, attitude, and work.

The thing with good luck charms is that they bring a bit of hope and sunshine to the chaotic and unpredictable world we live in. Plus, they may have some sentimental or cultural meaning to some of us.

My mother, so unlike me, did believe in such things going as far as to pinning amulets on her bra straps. I don't think they did her any good, but maybe they made her feel better and well-protected, and she might have felt she was at least doing something about the oft-wrongly-perceived ills of the world and the darker side of living.

She might have a point in that new studies conducted by therapists and scientists have come up with the idea that having special items that people associate with good fortune may actually increase their chances of succeeding at whatever it is that they wish to succeed at. This isn't really science but a tactic to make one's mind believe in the positive so it steers a person toward some success. In its essence, a lucky charm usually may work to improve people's luck and bring happiness and positivity into their life, if only it can bring to the surface the locked part of them deep inside their subconscious.

Then, as I mentioned earlier, such things as charms, amulets, etc. are not for me, but I can see how they can boost someone else's confidence and improve their performance in several areas of living. Still, even this little success of any lucky charm must depend on one's own abilities and inner potential.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057229-Can-Good-Luck-Be-Charmed-into-Being