*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057202-October-11-2023
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #2299971
My journal about my conversion to Judaism.
#1057202 added October 11, 2023 at 7:31pm
Restrictions: None
October 11, 2023
Why do people have to hurt each other? I know that is a rhetorical question. I just don't understand the necessity of war, destruction, and hate. Especially hate. Anyone that has read other things I have written besides this blog, knows that I have not had an easy life. I understand what it is like to be beaten, abused, left, and hurt. Do I hate those that did those things to me? No. I don't want them around me ever, or around my children ever, but I don't hate them. God will take care of them for their actions, and hopefully they will have remorse some time in their lives and give back to the world because of it.

Hate accomplishes nothing. It doesn't heal. It doesn't make the person hating feel better, only worse. It doesn't solve problems, only causes more if actions are done because of it. I don't understand hate. Is it's only purpose to hurt and destroy others and the hater? My Rabbi said that everything is created by Hashem so it has a purpose. There is no good purpose in hate. Is hate there only to give us the free will to choose love instead? If so, then choose love. That is a place where purpose can found and expanded upon and accomplish everything that hate cannot. That is the place where people change and worlds change. Choose to accomplish by love.

Leviticus (Vayikra - ויקרא) 19:17-18 says לא-תשנא which means "Do not hate." Imagine if this truth extended to the entire world and the entire world started living this. And instead of hating, they decided to love one another as verse 18 commands us to do. Earth would become Eden once again. Heaven would be on Earth. Do not hate. Choose love.

Then, and only then, will I understand the world.



© Copyright 2023 Jeanette (UN: babygirl328 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeanette has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057202-October-11-2023