*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058831-The-Duck-Song
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1058831 added November 3, 2023 at 5:58pm
Restrictions: None
The Duck Song
WDC 48-Hour Challenge: Media Prompt | Prompt

I haven't seen this particular video before, but I'm definitely no stranger to the "kids content on YouTube" space. Especially during the pandemic, we watched so many videos on YouTube with our kids, and they really love this kind of short-form content where they can jump from one video to the next after a few minutes.

As charming as this video is, I can't say it's been my favorite Media Prompt on the site; as much as my kids love these videos I've found myself getting tired of the "content creator" space on YouTube. And the self-published space on Amazon, to be honest. I've generally been a huge proponent of having no gatekeepers and everyone just being able to put their work out in the world for the world to judge ... but lately I've been swinging back in the opposite direction a bit and seeking out works that are produced by established media companies (books published through a traditional publisher, TV shows and movies from established companies and studios, etc.).

I'm glad a I had a chance to do another Media Prompt entry, though; the 6pm WdC time deadline on Fridays is 3pm my time, and I'm usually in the middle of the workday when I realize that I missed the deadline that I'd been meaning to get to for the past two days. Thankfully today was a slower day and I was able to spend a little time listening to the video and coming up with this entry. *Smile*

© Copyright 2023 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058831-The-Duck-Song