*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058829-October-2023-Watch-List
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1058829 added November 3, 2023 at 4:52pm
Restrictions: None
October 2023 Watch List
To qualify for my Watch List every month, the following has to be something that I've watched that's new to me. It doesn't necessarily have to be a current show, but it can't be reruns or rewatches of something I've already seen. So if I'm including it in this list, it means this month is the first time I've watched it. I'll put "DNF" (Did Not Finish) next to anything that I stopped watching and have no immediate plans to finish.


Movies

         *Bullet* Haunted Mansion (2023) (DNF)
         *Bullet* Heist 88 (DNF)
         *Bullet* Hotel Artemis
         *Bullet* The Invisible Man (2020)
         *Bullet* Reptile (DNF)


Television

         *Bullet* Fleabag (Season 1)
         *Bullet* The Morning Show (Season 2)
         *Bullet* Parks & Recreation (Season 1)
         *Bullet* Star Wars Rebels (Season 1)
         *Bullet* Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber


On the movie side of things this month, I ended up DNF'ing quite a few because they were honestly just really boring and failed to spark any interest after a half hour or more of watching. I finally got around to watching Hotel Artemis which was one of the very few movies that I worked on during my ill-fated four-month stint at a former company... and I can't really say that I missed all that much by waiting five years to watch it. And I had heard great things about The Invisible Man remake, but I have to admit that I didn't really love it. Overall, I can't really point to any of the movies I watched in October and say that I loved them or I'd watch them again.

For television, there was a lot of stuff that was pretty good ... the current season of The Morning Show is a lot more compelling than the second season, and Star Wars Rebels is a great animated series that was the basis for the live-action Ahsoka show that I enjoyed watching last month, so I was really excited to watch (and not at all disappointed by) the animated series it was based on. I wasn't as impressed by Fleabag as a lot of other people seem to be, but it's a short series so I'll probably finish it up just to say I watched it, and the first season of Parks & Recreation was... not very funny... although I've heard that it's very similar to The Office (the US version) where the first couple of seasons aren't as funny as later on when you get to know the characters and care about them.

My favorite show this month was probably Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber. I'm a huge fan of biopic limited series, it stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and it's written by the guys who created Billions so it was just an all-around well done series. I've heard it's actually going to be an anthology series where each season will take on a different story from the business world, and a different company's origins. If they're all as good as this first season, I'm all for it.


TOP PICK: Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber

© Copyright 2023 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058829-October-2023-Watch-List