*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059212-Music-Memories
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1059212 added November 9, 2023 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
Music Memories
Sent to members of "Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 3916 November 9, 2023

Prompt: Are Humans wired for music? Are we born with our sense of music already instilled because of our parents during our time in the womb? What gives mere tones such a powerful effect on our emotions?
         Good question. Yes? I believe we are "wired for music". Our sense of hearing never relaxes. It is always alert and processing sounds.
          Music is usually pleasant-sounding, appealing, memorable. Words set to a melody become easier to remember such that a few notes conjure up those lyrics effortlessly. Years can pass without ever hearing a particular song, yet the moment we recognize familiar music we instantly recall the pairing of words.
          My parents preferred country music and as such I became indoctrinated by osmosis. I didn't choose the genre it lived in the same house. To this day I'm able to sing along to classic country whenever and wherever it materializes. At the moment I'm warbling, "Elijah was a wooden Indian standing by the door..."
         Oh, wait other lyrics are vying for my attention. "The crystal chandelier lights up the paintings on the wall..."
          Who doesn't understand the ominous notes that herald or prophesy imminent danger in a movie soundtrack? Cue the heavy, dark " da, da, da, da." You can be in another room preoccupied with a task and as soon as that music assaults your ears you know danger is afoot. You do not need to be watching the movie or following the plot. Run! Hide! Look out!
         Similarly the climax of a scene coincides with a crescendo of dramatic listen-to-me music. It's a swell, a wave.
         Why is music attuned to our emotions? Why do some mixes compel us to dance, move, clap, sing? I have no idea. It just does. Music speaks to us; think siren song. Spells may be woven.

© Copyright 2023 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059212-Music-Memories