*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059264-Imagine-the-Power-of-Song
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1059264 added November 10, 2023 at 2:54pm
Restrictions: None
Imagine the Power of Song
Blogging Circle of Friends
DAY 3917 November 10, 2023
Prompt: “Can a mere song change a people's minds? I doubt that it is so. But a song can infiltrate your heart and the heart may change your mind.” ― Elvis Costello Do you agree or disagree with Costello?
         
         In a nut shell, yes, a song has the power to influence people. Over the years, many melodies have contributed to change.
         I shall present a few such notable songs.
         In 1967 Aretha Franklin belted out a powerful tune, Respect.'
         "R-e-s-p-e-c-t, find out what it means to me."
         Edwin Starr introduced an anti war protest song in 1970 'War'.
         "War what is it good for? Absolutely nothin'."
         John Lennon of The Beatles fame released a song in 1971 titled 'Imagine'.
         "I hope someday you'll join us / And the world will be as one."
          In 1984, Bob Geldorf and Midge Ure co-wrote a song as a response to the Ethiopian famine in an effort to raise relief funds. They titled their tune 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' They arranged to unite several British and Irish singers under the name Band Aid to sing the song in collaboration.
          "Feed the world."
         These are but a sampling of songs that have built empathy, inspired change, contributed to freedom and Civil Rights awareness.

© Copyright 2023 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059264-Imagine-the-Power-of-Song