*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059321-Chaos-a-Family-Game
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1059321 added November 11, 2023 at 4:44pm
Restrictions: None
Chaos, a Family Game!
Written for "Invalid Item. Prompt: Chaos Never Dies Day - probably hectic

I'm playing ketchup catch-up since I've fallen behind in W.C and in the November blog challenge over at the Nana Bar. Why, chaos! Especially on Thursday, the day I'm making up for with this entry.

It started Wednesday eve when my sister-in-law called my wife to inform her of a family meeting. My mother-in-law, who is elderly, has her house up for sale and has moved into an assisted apartment. Some of her children approved, others did not, and the feuding began.

To keep this short, things have progressed to some family members not speaking to others, concerns about how the money from the sale of the house will be divided, and a lot of greed, pettiness, and differences of opinions of what is best for mom.

The family meeting was on Thursday, so I drove my wife over to attend and after a few hours my mom-in-law stated how she wanted everything to be settled. In the end, there was agreement and if everyone sticks to the agreement, hopefully, things will go smoothly.

As I sat down to write this entry, chaos seemed fitting for a topic. After the meeting, the stress, and the anxiety, my wife and I took some time to evaluate the outcome and found peace and relaxation in listening to some favored music and a few drinks.

A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059321-Chaos-a-Family-Game