*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059469-20231114-NaNo-XVI
by s
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2263218
A blog detailing my writing over the next however long.
#1059469 added November 14, 2023 at 5:23am
Restrictions: None
20231114 NaNo XVI
November 14, 2023, 9:00pm

I have written right up to the final ritual to attract and attack Adam. That will be tomorrow - finish the book with the great big Celtic magic, power of three, goddess Brigid summoning scene. I can picture it all in my head... and the girlfriend is going to be central to it, not a victim of it!

Not sure how many words it'll be, but tomorrow will finish the book.

Then the day after, I'll start the romance novella.

If I finish that before the end of November, I have an idea for a movie script, so I'll start that as well.

The thing is, I actually wrote 4000 words today that I am not counting because I looked at my Weekend Notes page and saw I hadn't uploaded in a while, so I wrote three more music columns today. Tomorrow when I have better and cheaper wifi (I do this on my phone), I'll add music videos and upload the first one.

So, today was, quite literally, a day of pure writing.

Oh, as an addition to yesterday, someone asked if I was reading too much into the Discord server's attitude. Well, the thing is, I got a DM from the person who runs it, spelling out that talking about my circumstances was bringing everyone down, and was told to stop talking about publishing because they think trad publishing is not the way to go, and to stop talking about my story because it was scaring some people. No hints - I was told outright.

And as for the "white male" comment - I received that on the NaNo forums. They wrote, blatantly, that people like me are passe and it's time for different voices to be heard. When I said I have a voice and deserve to be heard, I was threatened with a ban because I was being confrontational. Not the person who attacked me, no, me defending myself.

NaNo is a great activity, but not a safe space. In. My. Opinion.

So...

Total words: 79247
Daily words: 5098

© Copyright 2023 s (UN: stevengepp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
s has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059469-20231114-NaNo-XVI