*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059503-Febuary-Review-Historical-Fiction-Timeless-Mist
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2300044
Book reviews for Rach's Reading Club
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1059503 added November 22, 2023 at 11:20pm
Restrictions: None
Febuary Review: Historical Fiction, Timeless Mist
The debut novel of author Terisa Wilcox, Timeless Mist is a time-travelling historical romance novel set in Scotland during the 21st and 17th centuries. It's a story of destiny and true love that stretches through the centuries.

Timeless Mist is the story of two vastly different people from vastly different worlds, separated by centuries, are brought together by the intervention of fate and magic. Kristianna Campbell is a young woman from the 21st century. Reeling from a bad break-up and plagued by dreams of a mysterious, handsome Scotsman, Kristianna is looking for nothing more than rest and relaxation while on a trip to Scotland with her best friend. When she purchases an old pocket watch with an interesting inscription on the back from a mysterious local, Kristianna finds herself hundreds of years in the past after reading the inscription out loud.

Iain McGregor is a 17th century Scottish laird, surrounded by enemies, mourning the deaths of his father and brothers, while searching for his missing sister. He's unsure of what to make of the strange woman who suddenly appeared in his territory not long after his sister's disappearance. Incidentally, Iain is the man Kristanna has been dreaming about for months.

At first, Kristianna believes she may be the victim of a potentially mean-spirited prank and Iain believes she may be a spy. Aided by Iain's mother and the rest of his household, Kristianna begins to accept that she's been sent to the past and Iain adjusts to his sudden house guest. AS the two begin to grow closer, outside forces threaten to tear them apart.

I'm not usually one for straight-up romance media, but I very much enjoyed this novel. I enjoyed reading as Kristianna and Iain navigate the obstacles thrown at them. I highly recommend this book for those who enough historical romance and time-travel romance.
© Copyright 2023 Detective (UN: frigid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Detective has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059503-Febuary-Review-Historical-Fiction-Timeless-Mist