*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060018-September-Lore-Monstrous-Creature
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2300044
Book reviews for Rach's Reading Club
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1060018 added November 23, 2023 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
September: Lore: Monstrous Creature
Lore: Monstrous Creatures is the first of three books by Aaron Mahnke based on his podcast of the same name. Like the podcast, the books explore folklore from around the world. This particular book focus on the creatures and cryptids of legend that have been encountered over the years by humans. An international journey through folklore, Monstrous Creatures weaves it way through the folklore, exploring both the origins of the lore and the impact that lore has on the world today. From the variety of different vampires to the various mischievous creatures that play pranks on the unsuspecting, this book shows how folklore travels, changes and evolves over time. How some folklore can sound similar to each other even when the people who tell the stories are separated by culture, language, continents, oceans and centuries.

I highly recommend this book, along with the two others and the podcast, for those interested in folklore.
© Copyright 2023 Detective (UN: frigid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Detective has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060018-September-Lore-Monstrous-Creature