*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059864-Two-Truths-and-a-Lie
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1059864 added November 21, 2023 at 1:55am
Restrictions: None
Two Truths and a Lie
I thought it might be fun to play a little game of "Two Truths and a Lie." If you want to play, post your guess in the comments to this blog post. One guess per person and the first person to correctly guess the lie will get a thematically-appropriate merit badge. I'm going to include a little bit of detail, just to add a little flavor to the statements.


1. I've visited each of the fifty states. Thanks to a lot of childhood road trips, family located all over the country, and an insatiable love for travel to new places, I've officially visited each of the fifty states in the USA. For the sake of clarity, "visiting" means an overnight stay, an extended drive through, or feet on the ground in a particular state... flying over in an airplane doesn't count.


2. I'm almost a black belt. I took martial arts classes throughout elementary school, junior high, and high school and was training to take my black belt test, but I never ended up taking it. I haven't taken a class or trained in over twenty years, but belts don't have an expiration date, so I'm technically still a third-degree brown belt.


3. I don't drink alcohol and I never have. There's no religious or moral reason; it's probably because my teenage years involved being around more than a few drunk people doing stupid things and it just never seemed that appealing to me. But, yeah, I've never once had beer, wine, liquor, or any liqueurs (outside of ones that are used in cooking/baking).


So... which one do you think is the lie?

© Copyright 2023 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059864-Two-Truths-and-a-Lie