*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059898-On-the-Tip-of-my-Tongue
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#1059898 added November 21, 2023 at 12:37pm
Restrictions: None
On the Tip of my Tongue
On the Tip of my Tongue

Have you ever had one of those times when everything you read or watch has massive inspiration for you? You enter a period where the whole environment seems loaded with impulse to get you writing and you desperately want to get busy because you know that what’s inside you is so ready that it will just spill out on the page and be brilliant. An interview with someone you admire has produced certain things that you’ve always thought but now frames it so clearly in your understanding that you have to include it in something that you write, or a flash of insight gives you a perspective that is so different you must produce a vehicle for it right now while it’s still hot.

And then you reach for something to hang it all on, to contain the wonderful feeling that threatens to be completely fleeting, and you realise you haven’t got a story to accommodate it. Just something simple and unchallenging, but you’re left with nothing. You try to construct something, a basic framework that can run with all you want to say, but it won’t come. Everything dissolves into banality and you’re left in a corner with grinding frustration and urge to create but no means to do so.

You’ve been there?

Welcome to my world.



Word count: 218

© Copyright 2023 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059898-On-the-Tip-of-my-Tongue