*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060203-Alice
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1060203 added November 27, 2023 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
Alice
Blogging Circle of Friends
Day 3933 November 26, 2023
On this day in history , Lewis Carroll published Alice in Wonderland. What's your favorite character from the story and why?
This quote by Carroll is interesting---- "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." What impossible things happened before breakfast today?
         
         
         
         
         
         
I suppose I like and admire the Cheshire Cat. There's something about his cheeky grin. Being able to disappear and reappear wherever and whenever he chooses is both convenient and mysterious. Imagine during a debate, an argument, a difference of opinion you just, poof, remove yourself from the encounter. Conversely, being invisible may permit one to eavesdrop/spy.
         What happened before breakfast today? The inconceivable occurred. I awoke with a head cold. Germs dared to invade and set up camp. Tiny, microscopic microbes are tramping through my skull thumping drums and plugging my nasal passages with their unwanted presence. The fact that both my grandgiggles are currently suffering with runny noses and coughs made my chances of avoiding this attack impossible. My wish that these irritating illnesses did not exist borders on fantasy.
         More snow sentinels joined their icy comrades outside and because of a fall a few walks ago, my daughter declared it impossible for me to climb her driveway and access my vehicle. She dispatched her hubby to trudge out to my truck and drive it to the front door.
         I bade my family adieu. "Parting is such sweet sorrow." I shall be back.

© Copyright 2023 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060203-Alice