*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060208-Happy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1060208 added November 27, 2023 at 2:30pm
Restrictions: None
Happy
Blogging Circle of Friends

Day 3934: November 27, 2023

Prompt: Blog about what makes you happy this time of year.
         
         
         Hmmm, what makes me happy this time of year? This is a classic stalling technique. Repeat the question and then scramble for an answer. Perhaps hum and haw. Offer an 'I dunno.' "Let me think."
         Oh, I know. I appreciate the lack of buzzing, loitering, biting insects at this time of year. They are fair-weather irritants that dislike colder temperatures. My donning of a thick parka may also be a deterrent. Their wee stingers cannot penetrate my snow armour and if they did attempt to swarm me they would not find exposed skin. The one protruding exception being my nose.
          I also appreciate not dousing myself in 'bug dope'. I do not miss that particular and peculiar scent. There are times when I believe it only serves as a baster/tenderizer anyway.
         Not that I always do this and 'cause I refuse to be a slave to fashion or worry about how I look, but no one need raise their eyebrows and pointedly stare this time of year. What am I wearing under my winter gear? It could be pyjamas. It could be my hubby's shirt. It could be an ugly Christmas sweater. It could be absolutely nothing. Some may find my air of mystery scintillating. Sorry folks, there will not be a reveal, big or otherwise.
         At this time of year I like browsing at Christmas bazaars. The creativity and perseverance of crafters amazes me.
         I admit to liking the strains of Christmas music wafting through the frigid air. It's a once-a-year phenomenon. I also will indulge in viewing a Christmas movie or two. 'Tis the season.
         During my evening strolls I gaze upon cheery Christmas light displays that glow and twinkle. I still prefer the rainbow-coloured ones.
         I love the wide-eyed, awed, unblinking stares of children when they notice the festive decorations.
         I love crafting with my grandgiggles. A little bit of glue, glitter, paper, paint, ribbon, 'smushmallows' and imagination results in glorious creations. Even the green-smeared face of the four-year old makes me smile. After our recent sessions, we both glowed with the fun and the glitter that stuck to our skin.
         The fact that the four-year old asks many questions makes me happy. She's exercising her curiosity. The 'argument' re the spelling of her name caused me to chuckle. She insisted that there's only one 'a' in Alexandra. She also claimed that the 'x' is hers. Okay, she may have it.
         Lots of things, places and people make me happy. I am lucky!

© Copyright 2023 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060208-Happy