*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060364-The-Equivalent-of-Eleven
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1060364 added November 30, 2023 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
The Equivalent of Eleven
The Equivalent of Eleven


Nine scenes plus two Establishing Shots scenes equals eleven scenes total that I got written earlier today at work. I have been thinking about the number of scenes I have been getting done daily whenever Establishing Shots are involved. They are scenes too.

They are even part of the Part or Episode. True, they aren’t part of the storyline itself. But they are individual scenes, though. The first one is ‘EXT. THE PLANET OF POULASK – SPACE.’ And the other one is ‘EXT./INT. THE WATER OF POULASK – DAY OR NIGHT.’

I’m wrong again. The first scene about Space isn’t part of the storyline. But the second single paragraph about The Water does lead into the storyline. That’s if they begin these Acts. If Establishing Shots are needed within an Act, they also are part of the storyline. After all, they are most likely introducing a new scene location.

I did this a lot in the first Part of my movie introduction to my Water Wars scriptwriting project. Why did I do this? Because in Part One, Younger-Than-Adults, three different locations were going on after the Teaser Act. Each one of these locations needed an Establishing Shot before the actual scene started. What do I mean by ‘actual scene?’

The ‘actual scene’ is where the storyline is taking place. These Establishing Shot scenes are used to introduce these storyline scenes. Not all of these are Establishing Shots, though. If they are at the beginning of an Act, then they are Establishing Shots.

If they are introducing a new location for a storyline, they are Establishing Shots. But if they are within the storyline in a three-part storyline, then they are still a new location and the same storyline. They are individual scenes, not Establishing Shots.

I have had several three-part storylines so far in my Movie Introduction and my Episodes. Two I think have been connected to Scene Twenty-five. The other one I think was episode twenty. I think that is the number of Scene Number three-part storylines. But I may be wrong about one or two of them.

That’s enough of that. Now for the good news. Not only did I get the equivalent of eleven scenes written, but I also got thirty-two single paragraphs written earlier today at work. That includes the three single paragraphs that are the Establishing Shots for Act One of Episode Three, Floating Weapons. That’s right, I finished the Teaser Act.

Only needed four scenes and thirteen single paragraphs to end to Teaser Act for this episode. I barely got them done within the first two hours of my shift earlier today at work. That means I got the other nineteen single paragraphs done in the last three hours of my shift. That reads like very good writing to me. Especially, the way I’m feeling.







© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060364-The-Equivalent-of-Eleven