*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060375-20231201-NaNo-XXXV
by s
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2263218
A blog detailing my writing over the next however long.
#1060375 added December 1, 2023 at 4:47am
Restrictions: None
20231201 NaNo XXXV
December 1, 2023, 8:15pm

Well, wasn't November a month? To those who read through my ramblings as I did NaNoWriMo, thank you. It is so good to know that people read and engaged with and seemed to be interested in what I had to say.

I don't consider myself that interesting. I am just someone who writes and listens to too much music... and if he finds something he likes, gives it a go. But the feedback to my blog has been positive. I think I have received just one negative piece of feedback all November, and (for me) that low amount is virtually unheard of. I do hope that what I had to say inspired people, or gave them an insight into what it's like to be a pantser, or just entertained.

And that brings me to... now what?

An idea. Earlier this year, I re-read Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and it gave me a little idea for an Australian version. Without Lincoln. Or vampires. Anyway, I was going through my list of ideas and unfinished stories stored on the computer, and came across this little nugget of an idea again.

It's going to be a novel, and one I can take my time with! So, today, I did... planning? No, not really. I wrote 5 pages of notes from a book I borrowed from the library about the actual history of the man who is going to replace Abraham Lincoln in my story. So, not planning, but historical research. After all, when taking a real historical personage, we want to make sure he is represented accurately... despite the, you know, supernatural stuff...

Or is that true as well?

So, yes, the day after finishing 307% of the NaNo target (according to the NaNo website), I have started a new novel.

Can we say, "Glutton for punishment," boys and girls?

© Copyright 2023 s (UN: stevengepp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
s has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060375-20231201-NaNo-XXXV