*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060405-Chapter-6
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #2309407
They are given a task to acquire a dragon's egg, by a merchant paying size able sum.
#1060405 added December 1, 2023 at 6:23pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 6


After a while, we woke up seeing the huge being looking at us. He smiled as he said. “I am sorry about that but something must be done. You see someone has opened the portal which should never be opened!”

“What the blazes do you mean?” Creeton asked as he looked the monstrosity of a man sitting before us. Creeton shuddered as he said this to this man.

His head was bald; his face had the appearance of a happy person beforehand. He sat there cross legged looking at us. He began, “I am the watcher of the realm. Someone has dared to walk toward the realm and she has done this to the realm. I am afraid that we will not be able to seal the realm. There must be something done to protect the realm.”

“What do you mean; the realm has been opened by this woman. There has to be a reason that it should be sealed,” Shallynne asked as he brought his hand toward her. Shallynne walked onto his palm.

“Why did not do something to stop this from happening. Surely you could stop this from happening?” I said as I looked into his blue eyes.

“I and the others are sworn to secrecy. The Gods and goddess would not allow us to enter your realm.” The monster said as he looked at me, he frowned and put Shallynne down beside me. Then he crossed his arms and looked at us all.

“Well, you have haven’t you?” I said, as I glared at him.

“Do you have any idea as to how we can seal the realm,” Creeton asked as tried to understand what was being said to him.” Who has done this? If we kill her will this close the gate?”

“How do we close the portal,” Shallynne asked, she did not understand any of this, what he meant that someone has opened this portal. It did not make sense, there was no way anyone could open a portal.”

“What do you know of the portal I am speaking about?” The giant said as he looked at her, he lifted his finger to point at her, he grit his teeth as he waited for her to respond to him.

“I have heard folktales about portals to other realms. Are you saying, someone opened a portal? Do you know who has done this?” Creeton asked as he brought his hand to his chin. His eyes were wide with the realization of what giant who said this. He could not contemplate what the giant was saying. His lady should have done something about this. His lady could not have been able to bring this to his attention or the other Gods or Goddess’s who rule over this realm.

Creeton knelt down and began to pray to his Lady.

His lady stood at the altar, she looked at him as he appeared there. Creeton slowly began to rise to his feet. He was crying, he peered at her face, and he said, “Someone has dared to open a portal. Surely, you have told the other Gods and Goddesses this. What are they going to do to stop this from happening?”

“We are aware of what you are speaking of. Who have you been seeing, who told you this?” His Lady asked as she looked at him.

“The giant, he has found us?” Creeton declared as he looked at her, he closed his hand to make a fist. He shivered, his mouth had grown dry.

“What giant? No one should have done this. Why has he done this?” she asked as she looked at him. Her skin has grown pale, her voice faltered as she spoke these words. She shivered.

“Well he has done this. He is afraid of what will happen? He has told us he is a watcher of the world. He has intervened once. He wants someone to do something about this matter before us.” Creeton supplied as he climbed the stairs to speak to her. He was afraid she would dismiss his words. He knew that the gods and Goddesses will have to listen to the mortals like him.

“What does he think, you can do?” his lady asked as she walked toward him as he climbed the stairs. She stopped, brought he hand beneath his chin to have her look at him,

Creeton accepted this to happen; he stood there looking at her questioning her actions. He did not know why the giant found him and spoke with him, Creeton’s voice broke as he said,” I don’t know why he did this. All that I know is that he has done this. There is an answer somewhere, but where I don’t know the answer to this problem?”

The lady said, “I have to find the answer to this. Who has done this?”

“He has a belief that the person who has done this is a woman.” Creeton replied as he looked at his lady, her face was white; there were tears in her eyes. She closed her hands as she tried to allow them to find the answers to this.

“A woman, what do you mean that a woman is responsible for this to happen?” she asked him. Her eyes were cold and hard.
“That is what he has this to me?” Creeton said.

“ Do you know who she is?” the lady said as she tried to understand that the giant knew this answer. She did not know why he has done this.

“I don’t know, who she is talk to the giant. He has the answers to this?” Creeton said as he tried to find an answer to this.

“Why have you been brought into this?” The lady asked as she made a motion with her arm, Creeton saw four guards dressed in plea armor walk toward him, they did not look happy/ Creeton closed his hands, and he returned to where we were.

“Where did you go?” Shallynne asked as she looked at Creeton as the three of us arrived before the glade where we had come from when the giant took us from.

“I went to see my lady. I told her what the giant had said to us,” Creeton said as he looked to the ground to not look into her face, he was trembling, his skin was white as snow, His spat.

"What did she say?" Thallin asked, he was fearful of what the Lady would say to him, he wiped his mouth with the cuff of his hand.

"She said, she will guard the portal that has been opened. She will send a garrison of soldiers to protect the potral." Creeton said as he lifted his hand from the soil that was before his eyes.

"So, she will protect the portal," Shallynne said as she looked into Creeton's eyes in disbelief. She rose to her feet, climbed upon her steeds back as did the rest of us.

"Any idea as to why it was opened?" Thallin asked as he tried to figure out what was happening here.

"To allow the hellions to run amongst us," Shallynne said.
© Copyright 2023 Richard Allen (UN: rickyallen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard Allen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060405-Chapter-6