*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060446-Rescue
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1060446 added December 2, 2023 at 12:35pm
Restrictions: None
Rescue
Prompt:
Use these random words in your entry: injury, widen, route, descent, surgeon, wave, prospect, and sink.


---------

On a cold autumn day, Dr. Emma Harper, a surgeon, new in the profession, received an unexpected urgent call. She had to attend a hiker who had sustained a severe injury during a ascent up the treacherous cliffs of a rugged mountain range. The rescue team was hesitant about moving the hiker without a doctor being present.

To Emma Harper, however, the prospect of navigating the perilous route was frightening. She wasn't used to harsh terrains and too difficult situations. Yet, instantly, she said yes on the spot and rushed to aid the patient waiting to be saved by her, after quickly gathering herself and her equipment. As she approached the base of the mountain, the gravity of the situation began to widen greatly before her eyes and her heart started to sink. However, she managed to hold herself together by thinking about the challenge ahead.

The rescue team guided Dr. Harper along a hazardous path, a route becoming steeper with every step, with the sound of crashing waves from below, echoing through the canyon, as a constant reminder of the unforgiving nature of the terrain. Finally, they reached the hiker, named Bill, who was stranded on a windy, narrow ledge of the steep mountainside where Bill just lay there, battered and bruised, with a deep cut on his leg.

Dr. Emma Harper assessed the injury and, swiftly and skillfully tried to stabilize Bill. Seeing her expertise, the rescue team volunteers were relieved and even, among themselves, they managed to utter a few jokes as they secured Bill onto a stretcher. Then, began their descent of navigating down the mountain.

As she managed to set stable steps on the uneven path, Dr. Emma Harper could only reflect on the fragility of life and the resilience of the human spirit and the good will and superhuman efforts of the rescue team. After this, she would have no qualms about helping the injured in any situation. And this incident and the widening challenges in her profession could only fuel her determination to overcome them, one rescue at a time.

And just maybe, at times, it is the patients who rescue their doctors. *Wink*


© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060446-Rescue