*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060474-Worse-Than-I-Thought
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1060474 added December 2, 2023 at 11:00pm
Restrictions: None
Worse Than I Thought
Worse Than I Thought


I expected it to be terrible when I got to work at midnight earlier today. but it was worse than terrible. Don’t know what could be worse than terrible. Unfortunately, I do now. When I got to work, the Security Guard I took over from hadn’t done any of the Night Security setup. And he’s a Field Site Supervisor.

Field Site Supervisors are supposed to know these things. But he didn’t. I had to do them. Expected I would be doing one thing. Unfortunately, I was right about that. But I didn’t know I would be doing everything else. Because of doing all this, my electronic paperwork took me a whole lot longer to get started than usual.

It was about an hour by itself. Add my first round, and the camera watching I didn’t get any writing done until about 0420 WDC Time. Unfortunately, that meant that I would only get forty-eight single paragraphs and fifteen scenes written earlier today at work. That would be great if it were a weekday. But not for a weekend.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t just my electronic paperwork, my first shift, and the camera watching that slowed me down when it comes to my writing. It was just the beginning. I had several other problems that happened at work today. One of them was a waterline breakage that they couldn’t fix until today. That included the water being shut off.

Another reason why that where I work was a little bit more busier than it usually is for a Saturday. They needed to be let in and out of this building several times. And I’m the only one that can do that. Because of the waterline breakage, I also had a Maintenance male who came in and out several times too. He needed to be let in and out too.

This Maintenance Male had his own keys and FOB, but I still needed to let him in and out of the building. Because of all this, I only got about six hours of writing time to work on the third episode, Floating Weapons, of my Water Wars scriptwriting project. I should have ended Act One today. but I didn’t do that by five scenes.

Another five scenes and sixteen single paragraphs and I would have finished this Act. That’s what I expected I would be able to do today. I would have done it too if I hadn’t lost the first two hours of my writing time. After all, I usually get about fourteen to sixteen single paragraphs and five scenes written in those two hours.

Overall, it wasn’t as bad as it reads. It’s true, I only got forty-eight single paragraphs written earlier today at work. But if I break that down to the six hours that I had to write that’s only eight single paragraphs per hour. That’s very good writing since I average about seven or eight an hour. And that includes the camera watching.







© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060474-Worse-Than-I-Thought