*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061292-Starting-the-Fourth-Episode
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1061292 added December 21, 2023 at 11:09pm
Restrictions: None
Starting the Fourth Episode
Starting the Fourth Episode


I only needed eight scenes and twenty-six single paragraphs to end the third episode, Floating Weapons, for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. I got twenty-seven single paragraphs because the last one was five single paragraphs instead of four. Of course, that may change. After all, this is handwriting that I’m writing about.

Haven’t started to transcribe my handwriting to my laptop yet. So, I may be wrong with my word count and paragraph line usage. What I mean by that is that my scenes are either thirteen lines per scene, fifteen, or nineteen. I may need to adjust some of my handwriting to fit those lines. Hopefully, it won’t be too much adjusting.

It may go either way with my transcribing. I may not have too much adjusting I need to do, or I may have a lot. I’m hoping for the former rather than the latter. Hoping I won’t need to do too much adjusting. But I have a feeling I will. Just hope it’s not the latter after all.

It's not just the lines, though. I have a lot of big words with this scriptwriting project. That may make a difference in my lines too. When it comes to my writing, I like to keep the end of my lines to within five characters. It may not be able to do that because of these big words.

I may need to adjust these ends too. That may make a difference in the lines too. If I can’t get it to within five characters, that means it will be harder to do with the next line because it starts off with the big word. It’s very possible I may need to do a lot of re-writing because of these big words. Hopefully, it won’t be that bad.

When it comes to my handwriting, I average five characters per word. I know that’s not right with my big words. But I usually have some small words too. So, it averages out to be about five characters. At least I hope that’s how it works out. Another thing I’m not sure about with the handwriting I’m forced to do right now.

With the character averages and the word count per line, I figure the Action Descriptions are about twelve words per line and about eight words when it comes to the Dialogue. Of course, that may differ slightly because of the small versus big words. So, I have adjusted for that too.

For my Action Descriptions, I have adjusted for ten to twelve words per line. It’s six to eight words per line when it comes to my Dialogue. I’m hoping that it’s the twelve and eight. But I have a bad feeling that it’s going to be the ten and six most of the time.





© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061292-Starting-the-Fourth-Episode