*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061609-A-very-Happy-New-Year-and-other-stuff
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2308309
Blog of what I am doing with my work etc
#1061609 added December 30, 2023 at 7:50pm
Restrictions: None
A very Happy New Year and other stuff
Well happy new year all, last day of 2023 for me here in NZ.

Spent most of the day finishing off Zirana's arc and refining some of her dialogue in book one so I have a good flow of her personality change from book one through to the end of book two.

I am really warming to this character I have created for the Raven Queen arc. Zirana is utterly ruthless and quite witty... I like this she says about one of her pieces in play. Yes, she refers to people as pieces in a game.

"The only safety in the game is winning, Rolan, and you are too arrogant to understand how disposable you really are to me. Power is the only reality and the only way to obtain it is to take it away from somebody else."

Or this about her ex-husband she disposed of. Yes, she uses just that term "disposed of," I think you get what she really means.

"Still, the man had actually cared for her safety. It was touching, but mind numbingly stupid. Sentimental fool! Sentiment breeds weakness. Let it get a hold of you once you are dead."

And this about her main opponent.

"My web is not as big as yours, Ema. But not all spiders need a web, now do they?"

Lovely lady *Pthb* ... But this is all before her fall from power, and her redemption arc.


All in all, I have had a huge amount of fun writing this character.

© Copyright 2023 StoneHeart (UN: wexian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StoneHeart has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061609-A-very-Happy-New-Year-and-other-stuff