*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061795-Is-life-really-serious
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1061795 added January 3, 2024 at 11:31am
Restrictions: None
Is life really serious?
Prompt: "Life isn't as serious as your mind makes it out to be." Write about this in your Blog entry today.

-----------------

I really think living is a dance like the tango, but if life is my tangoing partner, it is the partner who doesn't dance well. Not that it doesn't know the steps but it does missteps on purpose to keep me on my toes, while I am already on my toes. So, why does life do that? It must be because it is the strict examiner of souls or the harsh beater on people. Just the kind of thing miners do to gold mines. To extract the gold from all the impurities, they beat their diggings up and exert all sorts of cruelty on them.

What I wrote in the first paragraph above was my mind thinking about life, and there was some truth in what I said there, too. A lifetime, with all its twists and turns, often appears as a serious and challenging journey. I and others do navigate through that journey's complexities of relationships, work, and personal growth, and we face moments that seem weighty and important. On the other hand, in the grand scheme of things, life might not be as serious as most of us, or people like me, often perceive it to be.

Let's imagine we are in space, watching the entire universe, if we could. Even our solar system is just a tiny speck in the vastness of the universe and our planet is a nothing. In the grandeur of the cosmos, our daily worries and problems will seem trivial, then. The grandeur of space and time can serve as a gentle reminder that our troubles are just fleeting moments in the infinite tapestry of existence. That is why I need to think I have to travel through life with a light heart.

There is also another point, which has to do with life's unpredictability and fleeting moments, actions, and ideas. Change is the only constant, and circumstances can shift unexpectedly. How can I or anyone else depend on anything that constantly changes?

Taking all these things into consideration, happiness means letting go of the burden of being too serious. This is where I rely on humor, as it plays an important role in showing me the less serious side of life. At times, humor and a good laugh can become the best remedy for the stress life throws my way. Finding joy in simple things, appreciating the beauty around me, and connecting with others in a genuine way also help.

Embracing the idea of life being flippant--or that life isn't as serious as I often think--allows me to appreciate the present moment and reminds me of my sense of gratitude for being alive. In a nutshell, that gift of life is all each one of us have, until it lasts.



.

© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061795-Is-life-really-serious