*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062137-About-One-third-Today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1062137 added January 9, 2024 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
About One-third Today
About One-Third Today


I had a lot of problems with writing my WDC contest entry today. Usually, I would call it a Short Story, Poem, etc. But that’s not what it is in January. It’s a letter to oneself. It is sort of like an Essay, an Article, and a Biography too. At least that’s what it’s supposed to be. It’s more like a Short Story about my life to me.

What kind of problems did I have today? It started yesterday when my brother fell and hurt himself. It wasn’t a bad fall. But there was some bleeding. So, I took him to the VA. My brother and I are usually a little bit busy on a Monday. But it was different yesterday because of what happened to my brother.

As a result, I didn’t get too much writing done on this WDC entry for this month. What happened yesterday was a lot of the reasons I had so many problems today. Mostly, it was because of sleep or a lack of sleep. I set my alarm several times to check on my brother during the night. That’s why I only got about six hours of sleep last night.

It wasn’t just the lack of sleep, though. I also had a lot of trouble concentrating. My lack of concentration was mostly because of my lack of sleep. But it wasn’t all of it. It also had to do with WDC contest entry. I knew what I wanted to write. Just had some problems writing it. Especially, the first part of this WDC contest entry.

Once I got started with this first part, the second part and the beginning of the third part came fairly easily. It was just the first part I had some trouble with. And it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. I kind of had a rocky start. But once I got going, it wasn’t as bad as it looked like it was going to be.

Speaking of parts, I’m still up in the air about that. Usually, my short stories are broken up into parts. But this is more of a letter than it is a Short Story. So, I’m not so sure what I’m going to do about this letter. After all, it’s kind of a Short Story as well as a letter. Should I treat it as a Short Story, a letter, or both?

I’m thinking about treating it as both. What does that mean? It means that I have broken this letter down into parts already. I was only going to use them as a guideline. But I wasn’t going to be using them in the final letter. After all, letters aren’t usually done in letters. Even letters done with goals in them like these letters are.

The reason why I’m thinking about writing this letter in parts is because if I don’t it may be confusing to any reader who reads it. What I mean by that is that each part is a different part of my life up to the present. With most of it dealing with my past. Combing them into one letter will probably be very confusing to anyone who reads it.







© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062137-About-One-third-Today