*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062177-Wow-yall-it-was-20-years-ago-today-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2307562
Insights on keeping our balance ⚖️ in an unbalanced world. Even Seagull won't stand up
#1062177 added January 10, 2024 at 6:09pm
Restrictions: None
Wow y'all it was 20 years ago today 😁✍️!
Wow y'all 😮 it was 20 years ago today! ( Sargent pepper taught the band to play ⏯️!🎹🎸🎻🎼🎶) Now that I've planted that ear memory 🤣...
Ok so really I found WDC one cold morning in Georgia 2004. The Internet was getting it's feet on the ground and on our PC with world famous dial up!
I was always a ✏️ pencil pen 🖊️ paper 📜 type of lady and wondered what I could find related to writing in this new format. 🤔
I soon was coming up with a username soon I was dddreamcat@writing.com!
I remember being glued to the screen and overwhelmed with how many people, things to do and all that was going on at this site! I had checked out 2 other writing sites and joined but compared to WDC paled in format and activities.
A nice lady there befriended me and admitted she too missed the whole Newbie experience but found help and guidance from so many people who really cared.
In time I learned the take the chance and make items as well as friends. I knew little about what the in and outs of writing for others were about. I had read books but here was a place one could ask a question ⁉️ and get a quick response even several!
Through the years moving and family realities took over my life.
My granddaughter will be 20 this year! Her mother was pregnant with her in January of 2020. I just go wow thinking about that time. I submitted 2 articles that year to a local college newspaper and made my first $200 and that came in handy for food and diapers 😁 LoL. Today I'm taking a course here on Showing characters emotions. It's been awhile since I tried anything like that challenge! I'm thankful my Muse didn't croak 🐸 as I wondered if I bit off more than I could possibly chew... My mentor Sunny and a few other friends here help me in ways too many to name ❤️...
So I wish you all a very blessed New Year, happy whatever your anniversary is ( Sunny 😎 was this week at a super 20 years
too!) Sometimes my sister asks me if "I still get something out of being here?" To be honest I can't imagine life without being here 💟!
Later 😁 y'all 🙏🌻😻😃

© Copyright 2024 dlspiritwriter 🙏☯️😻 (UN: dlspiritwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
dlspiritwriter 🙏☯️😻 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062177-Wow-yall-it-was-20-years-ago-today-