*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062772-Skills-chores-maintaining-life-death
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2296648
Left-overs piled on hot rice and mixed.
#1062772 added January 21, 2024 at 11:36pm
Restrictions: None
Skills, chores, maintaining life, death
I haven't written in this blog yet in 2024. Why? I liked the concept but didn't get much support. It just didn't seem to matter.

That said... why today? Well... Pan gave me hug and said he'd be here the next couple days. This means a lot to me. It's been a rocky two months and I leave on Thursday.

I'll be going on hiatus soon... maybe Sunday when I'm back in Montana. I'll be cutting back on my robot nannies. I won't have to add shoveling or cleaning toilets to my chores but I need to make daily progress on uncluttering and cleaning.

When I see snow being shoveled I think of my mother. She loved winter. I, on-the-other-hand, loved Spring and Autumn. Was my father's season summer? I'll have to ask my sisters.

Both of my brother-in-laws passed the last few years. I didn't get to say goodbye to either. That hurts.

As one grows old the list of the 'missing' grows longer.

I'm still here. Still drinking too much coffee. Still... at least I didn't spread my wings to fly off the 8th floor balcony. It would have left a mess for others to clean up and hurt people close to me.

To Jimminycritic:

1. We have robot nannies... TakTak, Bookfate, cdw...
2. I am blessed in Montana. Others shovel. Growing up my mother shoveled. She loved winter.
3. I need to unclutter and clean before I leave Udon Thani and when I arrive in Missoula.

My life skills... were missing. I've patched some of the holes; but still don't like doing some things so I keep it simple. Or I avoid. No need to work for others at my age so I don't.


To innerlight

The need for new clothes... priceless! *Hearto*

I seldom drink soda but coffee...*Mugy*. 3in1 has creamer and sugar. In Thailand I boil my water. Filtered water is cheap in this condo; but... boiling = tea or coffee.

I maintain weight by exercising and walking. Next week in Montana I'll probably have to eat less and walk more.


To G. B. Williams

*Care* My condolences.

I believe the Soul returns to whence it came; but, those of us left behind feel the loss.

*HeartO* K.


From the Baha'i Writings:

O SON OF THE SUPREME!

I have made death a messenger of joy to thee. Wherefore dost thou grieve? I made the light to shed on thee its splendor. Why dost thou veil thyself therefrom?

O SON OF SPIRIT!

With the joyful tidings of light I hail thee: rejoice! To the court of holiness I summon thee; abide therein that thou mayest live in peace for evermore.

O SON OF SPIRIT!

The spirit of holiness beareth unto thee the joyful tidings of reunion; wherefore dost thou grieve? The spirit of power confirmeth thee in His cause; why dost thou veil thyself? The light of His countenance doth lead thee; how canst thou go astray?


– Baha’u’llah, The Hidden Words, pp. 11-12.


617 views.

© Copyright 2024 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062772-Skills-chores-maintaining-life-death