*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067370-Squid-running-amok-through-the-Hall-of-Trophys
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2296648
Left-overs piled on hot rice and mixed.
#1067370 added April 2, 2024 at 2:17am
Restrictions: None
Squid running amok through the Hall of Trophys
I miss old contests that stretch my poetic mussels (not a typo... on porpoise) and made me think like an octopus in a jar... how the hell... do I get out of here?

I'm eating squid with rice today. I added onion, garlic, carrots, mushrooms (enokitake). A bit bland but bland will do this fiercely hot afternoon.

It's hazardous to go out due to heat and pollution.

Time to enter a contest? Write a little? This old body wants to take a nap... and there's no one stopping me.

To Choconut ~ House Targaryen: One I can add to my collection [re merit badge]. I really appreciate earning merit badges. I already entered this round [of Shadows & Light] but need to find one for the next. Still hoping that Taboo and Verdant come back some day. They both served a purpose. Is it time? or gps? or lack of interest? or lack of judges? Oriental is another contest (not yours... but...) that would be worth restarting.

innerlight: It's poetry month! *Smile*

I'm cooking vegetable rice with pickled squid at the moment. It may be finished. *Octopus*

I exercised this morning in the humid heat. Now 97° at noon. We could use rain but a week of 100+ and not a drop in sight.

Thunder and stormy tomatoes? My eyes... have seen the gory... *Shock2*

I can walk up and down the hot hall here but it's too toasty with bad air to do my regular walking outside. Movement is life. Keep moving.

To tracker: Breathe. Choose one task and do it. Breathe again. When you're calm... do another.

This is why I seldom enter month-long contests. They frazzle my nerves and that can aggravate my mood swings. For me, at this age, I do what I can. I cannot promise to meet other people's expectations.

I thought about GoT but I'm not a big fan of the series. I'd be from some minor house in the fields around Florent or on a small unimportant island. We common folk have stories too; just stories that never make the histories of kings and kingdoms. That said, I'm a dragon 🐉, but more like a blue-green (azure?) dragonet (fire-lizard) of Pern.

809

© Copyright 2024 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067370-Squid-running-amok-through-the-Hall-of-Trophys