*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063795-Daylight
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1063795 added February 19, 2024 at 3:23pm
Restrictions: None
Daylight
WDC 48-Hour Challenge: Media Prompt | Prompt

I know that a lot of people love Harry Styles, but I honestly don't get the appeal. I think his songs are mediocre, he's not a very good actor (Don't Worry Darling was not very good (but his acting was far from the only problematic thing with that movie), and many consider him a fashion icon for the way he incorporates both masculine and feminine elements into his personal style, but I think his choice of attire is often overly flamboyant just for the sake of being over the top.

That said, there's no shortage of fascinating facts about Harry Styles, including:

*Bullet* His primary residence apparently involves splitting time between two homes that are both located in North London.
*Bullet* In 2022, his fans started throwing chicken nuggets on stage and encouraging him to eat them.
*Bullet* He has polythelia (the condition of having more than two nipples).
*Bullet* One of his many tattoos was administered live on television as part of a dare on a late night show.

I do have to admit that I enjoy it when former band members achieve success after striking out on their own, and there's no question that Harry Styles is doing just fine for himself after moving on from One Direction. I'm not sure I'd go so far as The Guardian went, when Ben Beaumont-Thomas wrote that he is "a star who has negotiated one of the most difficult transitions in music - from boy band to solo act - with more panache than even successful forebears such as Justin Timberlake and Robbie Williams" (*RollEyes*), but I do admit that he's having a very successful second act of his career as a solo artist.

I just think all of his songs kind of sound the same. *Think*



(303 words)

© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063795-Daylight