*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063805-Tear-It-Up
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1063805 added February 8, 2024 at 11:58pm
Restrictions: None
Tear It Up
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | Day 1
"Tear It Up" by Queen


I usually devote most of my "The Soundtrack of Your Life entries every year to new music that I've discovered, rather than classics that I find myself returning to after a time. But I had to start this year's challenge with this one because it's just such an energetic song, and the perfect way to kick off a playlist. Queen was never one of my favorite bands growing up, but they have some truly iconic songs that you know from the moment they start playing, and this certainly qualifies. I actually started listening to this again after a rewatch of Ted Lasso, where it was featured on the soundtrack at an end of one of the episodes. I added it to my annual playlist after that and have been listening to it ever since.

When I was looking for YouTube videos featuring this song, I ultimately just landed on the band's official lyric video because I figure those are the least likely to be removed sometime in the future, but I did go down a bit of a rabbit hole watching Queen's live performances over the years and it made me realize all over again what a tragic loss Freddie Mercury was for the world. That man was a phenomenal entertainer.

Anyway, this is it... my first official "The Soundtrack of Your Life playlist entry for the year!




© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063805-Tear-It-Up