*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063849-Missing-You
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1063849 added February 9, 2024 at 12:33pm
Restrictions: None
Missing You
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | Day 5
"Missing You" by Chase Wright


This is the other country song that I probably listened to the most over the past year. Like "Love You A Little Bit, it just has a certain energy to it that I found really easy to listen to on repeat for long periods of time. One of the things I'm learning about myself as a consumer of music is that I tend to look for songs that - regardless of genre - hit a certain emotion I'm looking for (energetic, melancholy, soulful, etc.) and then when I'm in the mood for that kind of emotion I'll just play the heck out of a small number of songs on repeat while I'm in that mood. That's probably why I have such an eclectic playlist every year, but where some songs are played literally dozens and sometimes hundreds of times over the course of several months.

I'm also realizing that I tend to gravitate toward country songs with a lot of pop and rock influences. I'm not so big on the more traditional country subgenres like bluegrass or folk or honky-tonk. There's definitely the occasional song or two that I like from those genres but, as mentioned above, it's rare that one of those songs hits the exact right emotion I'm looking for... at least not in a more satisfying way than some songs in other genres, so I tend not to listen to classic country too much. Music like this, though, and Tanner Adell and some others, I'm definitely into.




© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063849-Missing-You