*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063851-Pretty-Girl
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1063851 added February 9, 2024 at 12:46pm
Restrictions: None
Pretty Girl
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | Day 6
"Pretty Girl" by Ice Spice (feat. Rema)


I had never heard of Ice Spice before she featured on a Taylor Swift song ("Karma" off her most recent new album, Midnights). Ice Spice was then the musical guest on an episode of Saturday Night Live where Taylor Swift did a surprise introduction, which my wife wanted to watch, and this was the song that she ended up introducing. I immediately fell in love with the soulful, Caribbean-type beats of this track, and Rema's voice is a perfect complement to Ice Spice's rapping. I've listened to a few other Ice Spice songs since and I can't say that I'm a huge fan of her as an individual artist, but something about this song really clicks.

Looking at my tentative playlist for this year, there's actually very few hip-hop artists and rappers this year. I usually have at least a couple, but this might be the only one... unless I suddenly call an audible and change my mind in the middle of the activity (which has been known to happen).




© Copyright 2024 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063851-Pretty-Girl