*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064035-February-11-2024
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #2299971
My journal about my conversion to Judaism.
#1064035 added February 11, 2024 at 9:47pm
Restrictions: None
February 11, 2024
I was home for another Shabbat. I spent a lot of time reading. I seem to have an endless supply of books to read and less and less time to read them. I kept my phone off and upstairs easily not even thinking about it. I've gotten into a routine for Shabbat and the day seemed to fly by. I had a good nap. One so good that I was able to wake up and attend a Chabad class this morning. I'm very thankful for the rest and still having the ability to learn and pray. However, I really miss going to Shul. I do not enjoy the three hour drive, but I love attending Shul and praying there, seeing the Torah scrolls, and hearing them read. I don't get that at home alone.

We are now in the month of Adar 1. There are two months of Adar this year, because this is a leap year. Instead of just adding one day, an entire month is added to keep the prayers and holidays lined up with their original seasons as is required by by the Torah. It is supposed to be a month of happiness and success. If you have prayer requests, this is the month to make them. If you go to court for any reason, this is the month that judgement will be in your favor. The month of Adar is a month of happiness and blessings. The more I learn about Judaism, the more I love it.

I also miss attending Tehillim prayer. I learned from The Lubavitcher Rebbe that King David requested of G-d that the recitation of Tehillim be counted as special and count as both a prayer and the study of Torah. When I first started praying the Psalms (Tehillim), I didn't know that it was a normal thing. I just loved the words and the connection with Hashem. As with Judaism, there is an explanation, and it just makes me love it that much more.

Please let me return to the synagogue so I can kiss your Torah and learn your word.

© Copyright 2024 Jeanette (UN: babygirl328 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeanette has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064035-February-11-2024