*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064817-Zombie-The-Cranberries
Rated: ASR · Book · Music · #2313405
A book to contain all my entries for The Soundtrack of Your Life. Come enjoy listen.
#1064817 added February 29, 2024 at 7:15pm
Restrictions: None
Zombie The Cranberries


*Music2* In your head, in your head
Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie
What's in your head, in your head?
Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie-ie, oh *Music2*




Band: The Cranberries
Album: No Need to Argue(1994)
Genre: Grunge/Pop/Alternative Rock
Lead Vocals: Dolores O'Riordan

Written for the conflict happening in her home country, but so relative for today turmoil.

I found this:
There were a lot of bombs going off in London and I remember this one time a child was killed when a bomb was put in a rubbish bin – that's why there's that line in the song, 'A child is slowly taken'. [ ... ] We were on a tour bus and I was near the location where it happened, so it really struck me hard – I was quite young, but I remember being devastated about the innocent children being pulled into that kind of thing. So I suppose that's why I was saying, 'It's not me' – that even though I'm Irish it wasn't me, I didn't do it. Because being Irish, it was quite hard, especially in the UK when there was so much tension.
— Dolores O'Riordan in 2017, on writing "Zombie"

There is so much war. PTSD, the long term effects of it all. I can't remember how I ever found this, but know it's been around for a long time, I remember my cassette player with this song. I suffer from PTSD from what happened with my child, and although this is a protest song, I can't help but enjoy the simple message in it. I always enjoyed zombies media and when I learned this song, I think I liked it so much because of that. War is real, and I think we forget that. I love the drums!

She (Dolores) was scheduled to do another version with another band "Bad Wolves", and died that day. She had a very unique voice.



Oh La La! *Music1*

Artist: Bad Wolves(2017)
Genre: Heavy Metal/Hard Rock

A great tribute and version of the original. Glad I found it. *Smartphone* Heavy is always great.



© Copyright 2024 StaiNed-House Targaryen (UN: staine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StaiNed-House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064817-Zombie-The-Cranberries