*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064837-Stone
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1064837 added February 25, 2024 at 3:24am
Restrictions: None
Stone
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | Day 10
"Stone" by Whiskey Myers


This is one of those songs that I think I have an emotional attachment to more for where I first heard it. This was the band playing in the bar during an episode of Yellowstone when Rip and Beth finally had a romantic moment together. I love the bittersweet sound of this song, and actually listened to quite a bit of Whiskey Myers after I discovered the song, although I still think this particular track is the pinnacle of their work for me.

Yellowstone is a show I have a bit of mixed feelings about. The first season was amazing, and the second season was pretty good, but I really don't see what the extreme hype is about. The characters are great and the dialogue is pretty compelling, but it feels like every single storyline is about how important the land of the ranch is, almost to the point of fetishizing it. Everyone prizes it and everyone's after it, and people are willing to lie, cheat, steal, and literally murder each other over it. I remember one storyline early on some developer wanted to buy some of the land to building a housing development, and the Dutton family was all furious that anyone would dare try to take their land from them and all I could think was, "This ranch is supposed to be like 750,000 acres and someone wants to pay them millions of dollars to have a small chunk of it for land development? How is that offensive?"

I guess I'm more capitalist than cowboy... *Laugh*




© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064837-Stone