*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064895-Thirty-Eight-and-Seventy-Two
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1064895 added February 25, 2024 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
Thirty-Eight and Seventy-Two
Thirty-Eight and Seventy-Two


What’s the difference between thirty-eight and seventy-two? It’s not thirty-four. It is because they were what I got written yesterday at work and today. I got thirty-eight scenes updated or transcribed yesterday and seventy-two single sentences written today.

The thirty-five scenes I updated yesterday would have been another forty-five if I had ten more to update, but I only had thirty-five that I needed to update before I was done with Part One of my Water Wars scriptwriting project. Unfortunately, it took me almost my whole shift to do it.

It took me a lot longer than I was hoping to get Part One of this Movie Introduction done I thought it was going to take. As a result, I only had about an hour to work on my transcribing of my scanned handwriting to my laptop for Part Two of this project.

With only about an hour left on my shift, I only had time to transcribe three numeric scenes and three Establishing Shots for a total of six scenes. The Establishing Shots are scenes too, but they are connected to the numeric scenes. So, I don’t count them as numeric scenes.

There are thirty-five numeric scenes for each of the four Acts that make up a Part or an Episode of either the Movie Introduction or the television series. The Teaser Act and the Tag Act have twenty numeric scenes. Add them all up and you get one hundred and eighty scenes per Part or Episode

That doesn’t include the Establishing Shots. There will be a minimum of twelve per Part or Episode, and for the Episodes that’s what the number will be. Those are the ones that start each Act, and most of the time those will be the only Establishing Shots there will be.

Sometimes there will be an Establishing Shot within an Act too, but they aren’t exactly Establishing Shots. They are more of a lead-in to a numeric scene or a beginning and end of a flashback. I can’t remember the rest of these scripts, but I know it happened in Part One a lot.

That’s enough about yesterday. Now it’s time to write about what I did today. As I wrote above, I did seventy-two single sentences written for Part Two and Part Three of my SpaceHorrors scriptwriting/novel/short story project. That equals One Act Breakdown and two Story Outlines.

Now I’m ready to start writing the Scene Outlines single sentences for Parts Two, Three, and Four for this project. I will be starting that tomorrow. I’m hoping I can get them done by next Friday when I go back to work and my Water Wars scriptwriting project.

Unfortunately, I probably won’t be able to do that. Tomorrow is probably going to be a typical Monday, and I know my brother and I have some things to do on Wednesday, that will take most of the day to do. If not the whole day. That only leaves Tuesday and Thursday to finish them.

As far as I know, my brother and I don’t have too much that we need to do on Tuesday and Thursday. If we have anything that we need to do. If that’s true, I should have most of the day to work on this project. Unfortunately, I don’t think it will be enough to finish all three of them.






© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064895-Thirty-Eight-and-Seventy-Two