*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065000-Work-Work-and-More-Work
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1065000 added February 27, 2024 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
Work, Work, and More Work
After two glorious weeks of having just a five-day work week, I find myself again working six-day weeks. Our newest employee, a rehire who pretty much shat on us the last time she worked for us, has once again decided that she no longer needs a job and has left us high and dry. I honestly don't even know why she was rehired to begin with. The last time she was with the company, she left the building on her break and never came back. And I was left trying to run the entire store at night by myself (which, by the way, is against policy and is a huge safety issue). But we were desperate for employees so the powers greater than me decided it would be a good idea to hire her back on. Well, they can see how well that decision worked out for them!

But that's okay because apparently, I am Wonder Woman (I wonder all the time why I continue to put myself through all this stress). Need someone to fill in for someone else? Jenn. Need a job done right? Jenn. Need some poor soul to work away her life for practically peanuts? Jenn again. But supposedly I am to get a raise in April. We'll see where that goes. But for now, I work.

All work and no rest makes Jenn a grouchy girl, by the way. I wonder what they're going to do when I've worked myself sick again. Oh well. We'll cross that roaring rapid when it gets here.

Have a great day y'all! Thanks for reading my rant.

© Copyright 2024 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065000-Work-Work-and-More-Work