*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065289-A4---Shutting-Up-Like-a-Telescope
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2313753
another trip down the rabbit hole...
#1065289 added February 29, 2024 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
A4 "Shutting Up Like a Telescope"
I took the key from the lock and put it in my pocket. I stepped through the portal and found myself in the sweetest-smelling forest I had ever experienced. Looking around me though left the question of how I knew it was a forest. The "plants" were blue-green spotted with mauve. They were tall like trees but that was as close as they came to being trees. Somehow the portal had taken me to an alien world. I was just happy I could breathe the air here.

I looked behind me and the portal had disappeared. I guess my best bet was to explore... I took a few steps on the spongy undergrowth. My footprints shone eerily green against the deep purple surface. At least I would be able to know where I had been. That didn't mean I wasn't going to get lost. Get lost? The moment I came through the portal and it disappeared I was lost, lost in space.

Desperate I yelled, "Hello?"

Several of the handwalking creatures from the fall came out from behind the thick "trunks" of the "trees".

"Here doing are what?" One of the creatures asked me.

Great they talk backwards... "Lost am I." I answered.

"Leader our with talk go will you."

"Where?"

The speaking creature frowned but as his head was upside down it could have been a smile." He offered me a foot.

I took hold of his foot with my hand and he began leading me deeper into the forest.


283 words



prompt

© Copyright 2024 Spring in my Sox (UN: rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spring in my Sox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065289-A4---Shutting-Up-Like-a-Telescope