*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065496
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2313806
My collected entries for the 2024 edition of Wonderland.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1065496 added March 3, 2024 at 5:30pm
Restrictions: None
A-1. Follow the White Rabbit
PROMPT

If I'm being really honest with myself, there are two main reasons why I chose to participate in this year's "Wonderland challenge, and neither of them are particularly novel.

First, I need entries for "I Write and to meet some other creative goals that I've had a hard time getting off the ground this year. It's as plain and simple as that. I respond well to prompts rather than having the complete freedom to write whatever I want, and I haven't been particularly inspired by the current crop of Writing.com contests and their offerings. So I figured the more activities I sign up to participate in (especially ones like this with multiple steps!), the more options I'll have to find something to write that I'm excited about. It's also the same reason why I signed up for "Game of Thrones again this year.

Second, I've never successfully completed "Wonderland before, so there's an element of pride and need to scratch that completionism itch that so often fuels me to see things through. I've always found this activity to be really intriguing and I've made it... not very far into it each time... so I'm really hoping that my newfound excitement about Writing.com (thanks in no small part to "WDC Dragon Vale and the site's new regular participation Merit Badges) will sustain me long enough to see this challenge through to the end.

By the end of this challenge, I hope to have written at least a couple of stories, poems, or other creative works that I can be really proud of. More importantly, though, I hope have built a consistent writing habit that I can carry through into "Game of Thrones and beyond. I've been trying for years to develop a regular writing habit and nothing has seemed to work so far, although that's largely been attempts of a self-directed nature. Perhaps a community challenge with prompts will be the thing I need to really get that habit solidified.


______________________________

(322 words)


© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065496