*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066332-I2-UNimportant-Things
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2313753
another trip down the rabbit hole...
#1066332 added March 15, 2024 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
I2. "UNimportant Things"
Having just survived the judgement of some very odd characters I have to consider my life. I used to think that my father's opinion of me was the end all be all of my existence. He was verbally abusive so that opinion was slanted constantly to the negative. I'm overweight so he called me fat. I have sensitive skin and body odor that requires the clinical strength deoderant, which I can't use without hives, so I smell. All I really care about doing is writing, but that isn't a real job so I am a failure. I am disabled and couldn't work in a traditional job so I am lazy.
So in summary, to him I am a fat, stinky, lazy, failure.

I have over the last couple of decades come to understand that that opinion had nothing to do with my actual worth. I've written seventeen books no wait eighteen, and self published all but the most recent. I have had sales. I am a writer and I have made money at it. His opinion just isn't important anymore. Oh and by the way, I've lost fifty pounds and he has gained eighty. Who's fat now...


222words

prompt

© Copyright 2024 Spring in my Sox (UN: rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spring in my Sox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066332-I2-UNimportant-Things