*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066642-C2-Strange-Creatures
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2313753
another trip down the rabbit hole...
#1066642 added March 20, 2024 at 8:24pm
Restrictions: None
C2. "Strange Creatures"
The first new species I discovered in the mirror world was the dragonflea. It is the size of a dragonfly but the shape of a flea with lacy wings like a dragonfly. It moves by hopping up into the air and then flying off with its wings. Their favorite food is oranges and they suck all the juice from the fruit.

Then there is the morose mouse. They are the size of housecats and their fur is patterned as though the mouse were wearing goth makeup. Despite the name and the appearance, the morose mouse is actually upbeat they communicate with calls that sound very much like K-pop music. Their favorite foods are daisy and dandelion flowers.

Creature number three is the quarter wolf. It looks like a cross between a horse and a wolf. It is the size of a goat and communicates with a shrill chirping neigh. They like to eat cattails and water lilies as it's natural habitat is marsh land.

Creature number four is the petrified frog, It is a frog that goes into a kind of hibernation during the dry season by taking on the appearance and texture of a stone. They eat small insects and flower petals. They tend to be covered in moss and use it as camouflage while hunting. They move by hopping or rolling.

The final creature is the talking worm. They are small snakes with very smooth skin that make a noise that sounds like the chattering of little old ladies at a tea party. Their favorite food is popcorn and they don't survive long in the wild much preferring the easy life of a house snake.

306 words

Prompt

© Copyright 2024 Spring in my Sox (UN: rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spring in my Sox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066642-C2-Strange-Creatures