*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066758-Trying-Something-New-Again
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1066758 added March 23, 2024 at 4:45am
Restrictions: None
Trying Something New Again
Trying Something New Again


I didn’t think I was going to have any problems at work yesterday regarding my Hotline Report for a couple of reasons. One reason is that they need me at the post where I’m at. If they remove me from this post, they must get Flex Officers, other Security Guards who already work there, or both.

Either way, they will be paying a lot for the Flex Officers and overtime for the other Security Guards. They don’t want to do either of those options if they don’t need to do it. The other reason is because they know what will happen if they fire me from this post.

My District Manager shouldn’t be a District Manager, but he’s not stupid. He knows what will happen if he tries to go against me because of this Hotline Report. It’s not a big thing to threaten me in an email, but it is with a Hotline Report. Especially since I was having car problems when he threatened me.

I also didn’t expect them to take away my privileges either. It was a possibility that they might do that, but I didn’t think they would because it’s a form of retaliation. For the same reason, I just wrote about. They know what I would do if they tried to do something like that.

That’s enough about my ranting and raving about work. Now it’s time for the bad news. I still haven’t figured out my new spreadsheet for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. Worked all day on it, and I keep running into the same problem. My characters are in the same scene number next to each other. Especially with Act Four and the Tag Act.

While I was packing up and getting ready to leave work yesterday, I thought of something else I might as well try. Since my forty-five-minute Part or Episode wasn’t working, I thought a fifty-minute Part or Episode might. After all, this series probably won’t be a network production anyway.

That is what I have been working on ever since I came home from work yesterday. While I was heading home, I mentally figured out how I would get this spreadsheet finished. When I got home from work I started working on it. Unfortunately, that’s all I have been able to do so far, but I am ready to start trying to get this spreadsheet finished.

I don’t know if this is going to work either, but I might as well try it too. After all, I didn’t like the forty-five-minute layout anyway. The Teaser Act and the Tag Act were ten scenes long, Act One and Act Three were thirty-five scenes, and Act Two and Act Four were twenty scenes.

The Teaser Act and the Tag Act are still ten scenes long, but now Act One to Act Four are twenty scenes each. I had to adjust it slightly, though. Act One and Act Three are thirteen main characters long and Act Two and Act Four are fourteen scenes long. That means the secondary characters have seven or six scenes per Act.







© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066758-Trying-Something-New-Again