*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066875-Thinking-About-Going-Back
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1066875 added March 24, 2024 at 11:37pm
Restrictions: None
Thinking About Going Back
Thinking About Going Back


Not too much to write about today. I know I have written that before, and I have been wrong about that. Sometimes I have been very wrong about it, but I don’t think it’s going to be like that this time. It may not be as long as my usual blog entry, but it won’t be that short either.

My brother and I didn’t have a lot that needed doing today, but we did have a little bit. Luckily, what little that needed to be done didn’t take too long to do. It only took us about an hour to do it. Compared to most of what we need to do, that isn’t too long at all.

As a result of what needed doing, I didn’t have too much time today to work on the spreadsheet for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. Unfortunately, it didn’t matter after all. Not because it was only an hour, but because I still haven’t solved my problems with this spreadsheet.

I thought that going to a fifty-minute per Part or Episode would be better than forty-five minutes. Now I’m starting to think I may have been right the first time. Still haven’t given up on the fifty minutes yet, but even with the fifty-minute format, it’s still not working out.

The fifty-minute format has worked out a little bit better than the forty-five-minute one, but not that much better. I think I may have figured out a way to go back to my forty-five-minute format, though. After all, my main problem has been duplicating character scene numbers next to each other.

Especially, the Act Four and the Tag Act character scene numbers. I think I have a couple of solutions to that problem now. While I was thinking about it overnight, I think I have solved this part of my problem. After all, it’s not just the duplicating scene numbers.

Two things are stopping me from finishing this spreadsheet. One is the character scene numbering problem and the other one is my scenes fives and tens. I also want them to match up for the same number per character. By combining these two problems, I think I may have my solution.

I have been spending most of today trying to solve this combination problem using the fifty-minute format, but toward the end of today, I started thinking I may be able to go back to my forty-five-minute format too. Especially, since I’m not getting anywhere with this format.

So far, it’s still in the thinking stages. I have worked on this new format a little bit today, but most of my day has been devoted to the fifty-minute format. I’m going to continue with my thoughts tomorrow when I go back to working on this problem if I have the time to do it.

Another reason why I haven’t gotten this spreadsheet done is because of a lack of sleep and a little bit of a lack of concentration. Because of thinking about my problems with this spreadsheet, I didn’t get too much sleep last night. I only got about four hours of sleep if I’m lucky.

That’s why I just wrote I will continue working on this spreadsheet tomorrow. It’s because I will probably soon be going to sleep soon after I finish writing this blog entry for today. I know I should still try to work on it, but I think it’s best if I don’t right now.






© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066875-Thinking-About-Going-Back