*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066783-E1Precognition
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2313753
another trip down the rabbit hole...
#1066783 added March 23, 2024 at 1:27pm
Restrictions: None
E1."Precognition"
Waiting for Christmas again, I am already prepping for our Christmas buffet. I have a lot to cook because my wife asked everyone what they wanted and couldn't say no to anyone. The presents are wrapped and stacked in a large box in the corner to keep the curious kitties from unwrapping them. All is well.

It is getting late. I wrap up the prepped food and clean up the kitchen. Not much left to do. I make the bed and wife gets in her side. She puts on her earphones and starts watching TikTok. I settle in to my side of the bed and start watching Facebook videos. After a while, I hear snores from beside me. I look at the time and sigh. It is almost midnight. On a whim I check the Powerball numbers from the night's drawing.

I had dreamed a set of numbers hitting early in the year and part of the dream had me thinking it would happen around Christmas time. I had bought a ticket with them. When the winning numbers came up on my phone, I dropped my phone. I had my ticket memorized. It was just like the dream. All of the numbers matched even the Powerball, well on one of the number sets on the ticket. I had run the same plain numbers twice with two different powerballs because I wasn't sure which one it was supposed to be. So I had won the big jackpot and a separate million-dollar prize. I don't know the payout rules on this kind of situation but even if the extra million didn't count for some reason, I was a millionaire.

304 words

prompt

© Copyright 2024 Spring in my Sox (UN: rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spring in my Sox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066783-E1Precognition