*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068115-Eclipse-April-8-2024
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#1068115 added April 8, 2024 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Eclipse April 8, 2024
Blog City: Prompt: Eclipse

What does the word 'eclipse' mean to you? And what about the darkness in some areas of life where we need to seek clarity and light?

So I did venture out today. Ran errands and checked out a new cafe - Stockyards Coffee. I wanted a place where I could see the outside world without having to be gawking at the eclipse. It was funny to see how we all gathered outside to witness the event. It did not get as dark as I had imagined. What you see on the TV screen is so very different as the eclipse itself is highlighted and the sky around it is dark. That did not really happen. The sun still shone, but not quite as boldly. And it was a bit cooler. I found it interesting that it was cloudy this morning, but cleared up in time for the eclipse and now a few of the clouds are hovering back in.

It'll be another 120 years before this happens like this in our area again. It happened in 1925 - a total eclipse.

Canadian Coverage:


Nasa:


Now today's blog asks more thought provoking questions. What does 'eclipse' mean to you? What about the darkness in some areas of life where we need to seek clarity and light?

I like these questions. I have been reading a lot of books lately that have discussed the idea of loving your whole self - the good parts and the shadowy darker parts. We all have things about ourselves we are not so happy about or want to admit, but they are there. And just because they are darker or shadowy-er does not mean they are not important. We are loved for all our parts and so we need to embrace those parts and bring them into the light. Awareness helps us to heal those parts that have suffered so long in silence. We are the sum of all our parts. All those flaws and foibles make us human.

Sharing those parts of ourselves makes us vulnerable. In doing so, we can help others to heal and bring the light into their scary parts. You can't heal what you don't acknowledge.


© Copyright 2024 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068115-Eclipse-April-8-2024