*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069484-Kiyas-Lunch
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #2316938
All the GoT stuff, 2024.
#1069484 added April 23, 2024 at 11:04am
Restrictions: None
Kiya's Lunch
Kiya’s Lunch

“What, she doesn’t remember what she had for lunch? But that was only a couple of hours ago. How can she have forgotten so soon?” My memory is bad enough but, with a little effort, I’m sure I could have remembered the events of the day so far.

Gaby ~ Just tired shrugged. “I don’t know,” she said. “Maybe she has more important things to think about. But it doesn’t matter - it’s still your job to bring the chef something so that he can prepare a very special dish for her to eat now. You’d better get busy.”

Always the bridegroom, never the bride, I thought. No wait, that can’t be right. But it sounded right for the situation, somehow. I’ve been sent on some pretty strange quests in my time but never before to find the magic ingredient for a special meal. Not knowing what the chef had in mind was not going to help either.

It would be pointless to rush around in square circles, looking for the ideal thing, I reasoned. I needed to have a definite goal in mind, some specific thing that could form the basis of a rather special treat for the young lady. This required careful thought and consideration.

I sat down to ponder the matter. And promptly fell asleep.

When I awoke, a few minutes later, a word had entered my mind. “Avocado,” it said.

“Don’t mind if I do,” I replied.

“If you do what?”

“Have a cardo, of course.”

“No, you idiot. Av-OH-cado.”

Now, that wasn’t a bad idea. My mind wandered back to my father’s property in Zimbabwe and the avocado tree that grew at the bottom of the garden. Those avos were the best I’ve ever tasted and the largest as well. Oh, those were the days.

They had spoiled me for the pathetic versions on sale in the northern hemisphere, however. Nothing could approach the wonders of the avos from that tree.

Unless it were…

An idea marched through my brain and I realised that this might be possible after all. I found a convenient cell phone and dialled the Sleepy Lizard Avocado Farm Shop in Florida. Yes, there really is a place called that and its owner has videos on YouTube telling you all you ever wished to know about avos, including the best varieties to buy. This has been an unsponsored recommendation to point you to a source that will advise you on how best to experience the wonders of the avocado.

But I digress. They confirmed that they could indeed deliver a selection of avos to the chef and even, by dint of a little magic, ensure that these reached the chef in time for him to prepare a suitable surprise for her ladyship. And I’ll bet you didn’t know she was a nautical lass (think about it).

I paid for the order from my little stock of gift points and went back to sleep.



House Martell

Word count: 489
For "Game of Thrones House of Black & White, Door # 12
Prompt: 1. Kiya's Lunch
Before the game, Kiya said she doesn't remember what she had for lunch
Check out "Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Want to participate?"
Write a (500 words or less) story as to what you brought her to eat
If you are iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen , you have to give your lunch to someone else!

© Copyright 2024 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069484-Kiyas-Lunch