*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069524
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #2317268
A bunch of stories and poems…
#1069524 added April 23, 2024 at 10:23pm
Restrictions: None
Crossroads
As I catapult frantically towards the end of these dratted doors, I find myself at a point where there is no going back, no giving up. The concept of the doors inevitably reminds me of… you guessed it. For the (un)fortunate few who are as yet unaware of my obsession with Imagine Dragons, I'll say this House of Black and White reminds me of the music video for ID's Eyes Closed, where lead singer Dan Reynolds finds himself running endlessly through a maze of mysterious doorways that always bring him back in a circle no matter which one he chooses.

Ok, enough of that. Now, where was I? Oh yeah… which team do I think is the most competent? That's easy: Targaryen, of course (no matter how many times I see that name on WdC, I shall never remember how to spell it or in what order the syllables go. Gboard spelled it for me *Laugh*) Other teams such as The Free Folk might have swagger, but Team Targaryen has the absolute rock stars iKïyå§ama and GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale within its ranks, and they have enough power between them to make a team all by themselves.

I don't feel exactly what I would call a "kinship" with such a mighty team, however. I feel more at ease when bargaining with SandraLynn Team Florent! of House Florent or working out the intricacies of a reviewing partnership with intuey of House Lannister. They're more approachable, more on my level of achievement, though still ranking high above my crumbled team. But perhaps that's a backhanded compliment. iKïyå§ama honored me with a Merit Badge recently, and if I wasn't such an impoverished warrior I would do the same for her.

Though I remain perhaps the sole active warrior of House Mormont, I refuse to bend the knee (ok, I may have to bend the knee at that. Do I even know what it means?) Whatever. There will be no white flag above my grave, to quote Dido. I begin and end with music notes.

Word Count: 337.



Prompt:

House Mormont Image for G.o.T.
Join "WDC Dragon Vale
© Copyright 2024 Amethyst Angel🌸📝🪽 (UN: greenwillow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amethyst Angel🌸📝🪽 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069524