*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069685
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #2317268
A bunch of stories and poems…
#1069685 added April 25, 2024 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
Invisible
The cops were on to me. I knew that much. When they raided my mansion and sat me down for questioning, it was an indicator that my carefully balanced Ponzi scheme was nearing collapse.

But oh, I still had one trick left up my sleeve. I wasn't about to turn myself in. Certainly all the wealth I'd gathered wouldn't be wasted on such mundane things as bail, legal fees and restitution.

My Ferrari sped smoothly along the seafront cliffside highway in a blur of scenery. I headed towards the home of a friend, one who knew exactly what was happening and had prepared accordingly.

We hooked the car up with state-of-the-art equipment, worth thousands of dollars. I had given my friend the money to pay someone to order it directly from China. The more space between me and such a device on paper, the better.

It was close to one in the morning when we were ready to finalize the plan. The Ferrari set off from my friend's garage… with no one and nothing in it except for my phone. We sat in the basement and watched its progress on a huge TV screen as if playing a video game.

But there was no time to be wasted. I slipped out the basement exit and headed for the backside of a national forest a few miles from my friend's house, where a narrow trail led me to a clearing. A blue Jeep was waiting.

I climbed into the back of the Jeep, curled up on the floor, and went to sleep. Next thing I knew, it was five in the morning and I was at the house of a different friend. The fiery crash of my Ferrari off the side of the highway by the sea was already hitting the news.

After that it was easy. I trimmed my hair, put on some dark makeup, dark contacts and a pretty blue hijab. With a set of false papers and an overnight bag, I was ready to set off for Abu Dhabi. From there, the world lay at my doorstep.

No one will ever find multimillionaire Leslie Hall. Because no one will ever think of looking for her. I have constructed my own demise; I have written the final chapter in my life story and lived to tell about it.

Word Count: 389.

Prompt:

House Mormont Image for G.o.T.
Join "WDC Dragon Vale
© Copyright 2024 Amethyst Angel🌸📝🪽 (UN: greenwillow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amethyst Angel🌸📝🪽 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069685