*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069895
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2317669
My Game of Thrones 2024 Workbook
#1069895 added April 27, 2024 at 1:21pm
Restrictions: None
Tedious Citadel Task #38

Almost all of my team members this year are people that I believe I first met through Brooke's annual Birthday Masquerade activity.

Annette is the sole exception, as we've known each other the longest, first through the site's erotica community when I was running the Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group and its various activities, and she was running The Weekly Quickie and other erotica-based activities on the site. We often found ourselves participating in or otherwise supporting one another's efforts, and it's even led to a handful of in-person meet-ups since we both live in the Greater Los Angeles area. I've always admired the way Annette designs and runs her activities, and when she chooses to participate in something, she's absolutely all in. She doesn't do anything halfway, which is something that I think we both have in common.

Jayne is someone I initially met through Brooke's Masquerade activity, I think, and has become one of my best friends on the site. She lives in the real "North beyond the Wall" (Canada) and we've enjoyed sending each other care packages a few times over the years. We've also been reliable support for one another in our various activities here on the site, helping each other judge, send badges, work on activities, etc. I love her sense of humor and how much of herself she gives to the people she considers friends.

Jeremy and Angela are both newer acquaintances of mine, and I think I really got to know both during the Masquerade as well. Jeremy was a runaway smash hit with his Zoolander character, and Angela has been a reliably great participant over the years in an activity where it can be hard to find people who "get" it. They both seem like really close friends on the site, so with me and Jayne and the two of them, it's almost like two friend groups coming together after realizing they have a lot in common.

I'm really happy with my team this year, because I feel like I genuinely know and like all of them. These are people I'd want to hang out with even if we weren't competing in Game of Thrones, so it's been a blast going through this crazy activity with them.


______________________________

(374 words)


Prompt: Get to know your own team members and write a blog post telling us about them.
© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069895